Wednesday 29 June 2011

Give Me Happy Intensity!

The sun shines is a beautiful day. I love Los Angeles I love this time! :)

He's Come Home! Yay!




-------------------------------------


EricBellinger: Day 2 with adamlambert greg_wells &


 EKiddBogart #Leggggooooo

(2PM PST)

--------------------------------------
Message from Sasha!  Don't forget to vote for her tonight!!!!


D8Sasha 
Y'all have my heart forever 


RT@XxMusicLuvr18xX: @D8Sasha Say hi to all your Glam 


Nation


 fans who knew of you even before SYTYCD! Love


 you<3




==========================


Screen Shot of GroundCtrl Add for iphone app with Adam Lambert in background.  Thanks to @Scorpios4Adam

---------------------------------------------






Adam Lambert from FYE photoshoot

In-Studio Reflection http://say.ly/yFIshv


(Reflection with a capital R....title?)

katiejsheridan @adamlambert Capital R in Reflection? Hinting at the album title, perhaps? Or a single? Sneaky sneaky Adam. ;)

May be an unpopular opinion but that picture of Adam in the studio freaked me out!  Not my favorite. I loved it at first and then I found myself feeling kind of depressed.

It's an incredible picture (maybe even genius)  that was capable of affecting my emotions intensely but I didn't like where it took me. 

Anyone else? (JMO)

Here are some intense Adam that I love!

                Adam Lambert being stunning again! Photoshop by @IHEART_TOMMYJOE


Adam Lambert eyes and lips

Adam Lambert's Eye 

Adam Lambert in black and white

Adam Lambert in leather pants and looking to the future from BRUTUS magazine 2010
====================
If you missed the various sizes of the Studio picture yesterday or last night's updates:


http://adamquotedaily.blogspot.com/2011/06/you-are-stunning-boy.html


====================================


First Prize in Adam Inspiration Contest to be awarded by random draw of all entries

Tomorrow is the last day to enter and you must be a subscriber to win!

(see  below for subscription and contest entry info)


This necklace was made for me by my friend Janet 


There will also be a second and third prize!

Get going and send me your entry ASAP!
================
Adam Lambert in purple pants from Robert Sebree photoshoot 2009


Poor Quality Behind the Music Commercial





=================================


Download of Angelina Kalahari Radio Show from Tuesday


Adam Lambert's Lyrics!

Lots of discussion about Aftermath and Broken Open
=========================




Adam on Polish TV (.43)





Adam during his HAIR days thanks to Respect-theGlambulge on AO


Young Adam Lambert on the streets of Germany where he performed in HAIR 2003


=======================
Adam Lambert Heartthrob... click for gif

Adam on Life Magazine's List of Unlikely Heartthrobs


http://www.life.com/gallery/60911/unlikely-heartthrobs#index/13




=====================
Adam Lambert on the cover of Frontiers Magazine 2010

New Pictures on ALFC!


http://adamlambertfans.com/news/38311


This is the MTV show with Adam and SKINGRAFT Founder/Sr. Designer, Johnny Cota.

More info about MTV’s Talk@Playground:http://www.swatchmtvplayground.com/gb

The show will be broadcast internationally. Here is a list of countries:



=======[image]
Via Adamtopia boards http://www.adamtopia.com/index.cgi?board=daily&action=display&thread=380


and also,


8.10.11 Adam Lambert "Behind the Music" premieres on VH1.


8.18.11 Adam at the VH1 Do Something Awards. 9:00PM EDT/PDT

http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/do_something_awards/2011/

===================



Entry to the Adam Inspires Contest thanks to @JamiBonnewell 


 Adam Lambert performs in Rockford, Ill during GlamNation 2010
Adam Lambert with hair looking very neat in Rockford, Ill 
Adam Lambert sings Aftermath in Rockford, Ill GlamNation 2010

==========================


Here's David Cook talking about Adam at 8:33



http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityro...mQc7VgBTZ7NwSUv





Great Pictures including the latest ones from yesterday!



and another one




========================



Tommy Joe Ratliff Corner


Music Again by evillittlecherry


 Tommy Joe Ratliff in black and white thanks to @Riikiachi and enhanced by @weelassie11
 Tommy Joe Ratliff in Cleveland June 2010 thanks to @virg1877 and enhanced by @weelassie11
  Tommy Joe Ratliff in Cleveland

New Adommy fan tribute to Adele's "Turning Tables" thanks to Chelenator



++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Adam Inspires Contest


Thanks to @glendalou


So happy to enter your contest. I just watched the WLL video from your blog for today.........and I feel quite inspired. 


When I recently turned 70, I thought I need to be the best person I can be for myself and for my family. In light(and love) of my being so smitten with Adam, I decided my new mission was to have as much fun as possible. 


On the surface this may sound hedonistic. It is not. In order to have all this fun I need to keep on with my exercise program and lose that weight I have slowly made some progress with. 


This "Adam energy" is being used to make me a better person. I played 36 holes of miniature golf with my family yesterday thanks to this goal of being a healthier person. I use this energy to give more both to my family and to volunteer activities. 


Adam is a delight. He has inspired me to be a better person.     


 Love your contests.

Sent from Grandma's iPad



Thanks for your story @glendalou!  Adam inspires for sure!
--------------------


Another Adam Inspiration Story thanks to @MeltsInYourFace  (Junie Moon on ALFC)




All my life I carried a torch for this: 


Elvis was my fantasy rocker. I say fantasy advisedly, because I was only 12 when Elvis died. At 45, I am probably one of the youngest people who can honestly claim to have been a fan while Elvis was still alive. At my house, we all loved him. We didn’t care when he was fat; we just wanted the best for him. We cried when he died. He was a dream man, a friend, and a brother. And no one else ever measured up. 

Then … as they say in the movies …

THIRTY-TWO YEARS LATER 

I really loved rock music growing up, but over the years I drifted away from it as it split off into pop, country, dance, grunge, hip-hop, and the amorphous “alternative.” It seemed that nothing ever happened anymore that wasn’t completely manufactured by some suit in the backroom. Rock, roll, and rebellion was just another thing to be packaged and marketed. Instrumental guitar music was mostly my thing. 



Then one day … I heard that a young man named Adam Lambert had blown up the television with a raunchy performance on the American Music Awards. Ha ha! From American Idol, the most manufactured phenomenon in show business, someone had gotten loose from his cage! 

I went and watched it all on Youtube. Never having seen Adam on “Idol,” I wasn’t expecting the bad boy in a sweet disguise that many of you had come to know. The man I saw was the devil himself. With his lithe, powerful form and wicked black hair, he was my perfect fantasy rocker. Except he wasn’t a fantasy, and he wasn’t lying in his grave somewhere while someone else peddled the leavings of his life across the street. He was gloriously real. 

I am amazed by Adam’s evolution musically over the last year and a half. When I first downloaded and listened to “For Your Entertainment,” I realized what a young artist Adam really was, highly dependent on his influences like Queen and David Bowie. But on the Glam Nation tour, Adam rearranged the songs into a story that included driving rock, pure acoustical magic, and showmanship of amazing vitality and sly perversity that kept us breathless with delight and anticipation even after dozens and dozens of performances. 



And as a vocalist, I thought Adam actually got better over the course of the long, grueling tour, which I consider truly amazing. It seemed to me that the nocturnal seduction of the opening medley, the desolate screams of Sleepwalker, the passion and depth of Aftermath, and the shouting celebration of the last half of the show only deepened with time. Not to mention the now-legendary encores! Adam seemed to walk away from the tour confident in his own power and the thrilling hold he has over his audience (I believe it is as thrilling for him as it is for us). 

I am so excited about the leaks and news that are coming out about Adam’s second album, and I can only imagine how invigorated Adam must be right now. The vocalists and songwriters he is working with are innovative and out of this world: passionate, groovy, emotional, rockin’ – and totally invested in music written with the vocalist in mind. 



Elvis’s life was what it was. He will never be able to rewrite his script. My real-life fantasy rocker is brash, bold, unpredictable, and not even close to reaching his prime. How exciting! Two ideas that jump out at me from these early reports are: 

- Some music fans and most critics have no aptitude or necessarily even liking for a music that one must see and feel as well as hear. Adam’s rowdy outrageousness and mixture of hard rockin’ riffs with subtle balladry has led to deep devotion by his fans, but to win over the critics and the industry he needs great songs worthy of his talent (something Elvis struggled with). If these songs are as good as I think they are going to be, Adam is going to gain some serious cred. 

- I remember reading that Adam’s management had thought during the production of FYE that he needed a dance/pop sound rather than the pop/rock sound from “Idol,” because there was no place for gays (or women) in the small, harsh, macho space to which rock has relegated itself. I think we as fans deserve to pat ourselves on the back a little here; we have shown Adam and his managers that we need and want him to be authentic, raw, and direct. 

And what of the new tour? Will there be backup singers? Will there be a saxophone player? Adam, will you roar on stage on your motorcycle for me? Will you cage-dance and then kick open the door, for good this time? 





And speaking of cage-dancing – Elvis, we still miss you! Long live Adam! 



Thanks for your story Junie Moon,  and the pictures too!  I also love Elvis! 


=======================
(Editor's note:  Anyone remember how we thought the world ended after the AMA performance?  I'm continually amazed at the number of fans who discovered Adam because of the AMAs.  Another example of how any type of media coverage is good!)


=========================
Subscriber Contest... not too late to subscribe and enter.


 Contest continues until June 30! (three more days!) The winners will be chosen by a random draw of all of the entries so you have a good chance if you enter!


Those of you asking about my story, its here:


http://adamquotedaily.wordpress.com/about/


I Love my subscribers!


Contest has been announced on subscriber email! You must subscribe to get the information! (Email me if you can't subscribe and want to be included)


Prizes will include Adam-related jewellery and at least one signed picture of Tommy! (not sure if I can part with both yet! haha) Don't miss out!


Entries have started to come in! Thanks to everyone who enters. I will acknowledge your entry with an email within a day or two. If you don't hear from me, please resend!


It's very easy to subscribe to my blog. Go to this link


http://adamquotedaily.wordpress.com/


and click on the box "Email Subscription"


on the top right (under "Love Boys who Sparkle")


Special thanks and love to all my subscribers! You (and @adamlambert) make me want to get up every morning and put together the best post possible!


======================


Resource and Information Pages


Recently Updated: Adamquotedaily for Dummies!


http://adamquotedaily.wordpress.com/adamquotedaily-for-dummies/


(Helpful if you are not good at the computer yet!)




------------------------------


Rakastan said: OMG -love it-my favorite website…and all about my favorite…thank you!


Interesting Articles and Pictures (Updates are now being added at the bottom of this page)


http://adamquotedaily.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/interesting-articles-and-pictures/


(DM or email me for the password)


--------------------------------------


Adam's Pre-Idol Music


http://wp.me/PQxc1-2OV


------------------------------------------
Flaminga Lady said: Thank you, Gloria, for this wonderful primer on amazing Adam! I love introducing new people to his work, and this is a wonderful way to do that! The “Brigadoon” recording just knocks me out every time I listen to it…WOW, can that man sing!!




Adam Lambert 101: An introduction


http://adamquotedaily.wordpress.com/adam-lambert-101/


-------------------------------------
Alice said: Gloria, thanks for creating this Sauli site. Adam’s heart eyes with Sauli tell the whole story. I love them together. They seem so right for each other, far beyond the fascinating fashion coincidences. Adam said this time he’s looking for someone who could take care of him this time, with so much going on in his life. Enter Sauli. Delightfully calm and unphased by all the madness that surrounds Adam, he seems to offer Adam peace, trust, support, and a refreshing love that comes from a good, unneedy place. Aside from an obvious attraction, they are good together because both are artists with strong support from family and friends, wry sense of humor, gift of gab, sunshiny personality, love of dance, compassion, kindness, humility, et al. Sauli and Adam are kindred spirits. Thank you Universe for bringing them together. I hope they always want each other as much as they do now. Adam, we know why your heart is full and we are overjoyed by your bliss.


Sauli Koskinen...Everything you want to know! (new updates regularly)
www.adamquotedaily.wordpress.com/sauli


------------------------------------------
Gin Said: I HAVE TO SAY …. OMG !!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST BIO DESCRIPTION OF TOMMY JOE RATLIFF I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!! I’VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR QUITE SOME TIME ON TOMMY’S BACKGROUND AND STUFF CAUSE THERE AREN’T MUCH INFORMATION ON HIM CURRENTLY !!!! AND WHEN I READ THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, I AM LIKE …. WOW !!!! THIS IS THE ONE !!!! THE ONE !!! YOU KNOW !!!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING !!!!


Tommy Joe Ratliff … Just the Facts!


http://wp.me/PQxc1-tj


------------------------------------
“Uncle Soy Sauce” – Monte Pittman Rocks! All about Monte!


http://wp.me/pQxc1-1Q




Diamonds of the Rock God Part 1 and Part 2- Quotations from and About Adam Lambert


“I honestly believe he may be one of the greatest stars in our lifetimes, and I am jazzed thinking of how I will tell my grandchildren how it felt to see Adam for the first time on American Idol, when I was young.”


http://wp.me/PQxc1-sr


And Part 2 is here:


http://adamquotedaily.wordpress.com/i-love-what-you-say/


===========================


Comments: You can post under "Anonymous" and then sign your name (for those of you having trouble) Let me know if that works and thanks!


Please note that your comments won't show up right away!


Check back for updates a bit later!


Please contact me @adamquotedaily or adamquotedaily@hotmail.com


================================

Leave a comment... click on the word Comment below if the box is missing!



(Please click on the word 'tweet' to share with your friends)



=============================================
Adamquotedaily is a non-profit fansite. All images and articles belong to their respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.




















10 comments:

  1. What's with this "unlikely heartthrobs" article? Adam's young, handsome, charismatic - is it because he's gay? Is that the underlying reason for Life putting him in that category? Find this vaguely annoying. Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA!!! That pic of YOUNG, BLOND ADAM from 2003- I've never seen that one before and it's so darn ADORABLE!!! Gaaaaa..... I LOVE HIM SO FREAKING MUCH !!!! SORRY... just had to announce that ;) Andrea - Powderpuffnails

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lee

    I know what u mean cause that was my
    First reaction. Then I figured that I
    Liked that they were calling him a heartthrob

    I think that is progress. And Tom Hanks
    Is on the list so it can't be all bad!
    XO

    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here -- when I first found out about Adam, I thought he was an "unlikely" heart throb too. Has there ever been an openly gay heart throb ? Now I'm used to it, but it's still new to others. And I want to be welcoming to others, especially since I hope Adam gets a ton of new fans from the next album.

    I love the new studio shot. Adam holds his body as if listening in a different position will help him look at the subject from a different angle. Deep concentration, absorbed and motionless. And maybe with some emotions that aren't entirely happy ... which can sometimes make music that is the best comfort of all. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you think Adam reads your blog every day or even every now and then? I sure hope he does because yours is the best out there. Your story is so inspiring and I hate to admit it but I was sure you were a young man keeping up with all of the info about Adam. You do an amazing job and please don't quit. Also thanks for posting my story a couple of days ago by Cathy M, real spelling Cathey. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. UNLIKELY HEART THROB ??? HE IS THE SEXIEST, MOST GORGEOUS MAN TO COME ALONG IN DECADES ! LOVED THE STORIES, AND THE NEW VIDEOS. THE PIC OF ADAM IN THE STUDIO IS GREAT. SUCH LASER INTENSITY ON HIS WORK. I CAN NOT HARDLY STAND THE WAIT FOR THE NEW CD. OUR BEAUTY IS GOING TO KNOCK 'EM DEAD !! JANIE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought that Reflection could be the name of the studio Adam is pictured. I don't know, that's just my guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAAAAAA!!!!! I am SOOOOOOOO happy that Sauli is HOME!!!!!! Adam must be SOOOOOOOOO happy too!!!!!!!!!!! Am happy for both of them!!!!!!!

    Robin (rjd1354@aol.com) skipdo2010 on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I shy away from Adam's "Come Home" and "I Can't Make You Love Me" vids. From the performances there must have been something going on his life that made him terribly sad. Gone beyond that now - prefer to look at what's coming down the pike. Even all the Idol Tour vids seem like the distant past. Soon the GNT will, too. And Adam looks different now - classically beautiful rather than glitzy and over-the-top. No one like him. Happy to be on this journey with this fascinating man. Love, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW Gloria -ANOTHER awesome blog today!!! Thank you! <3
    I also wanted to add that the follow up tweet from the DoSomething awards,

    @dosomething Do Something.com
    And to be clear: those @adamlambert fans rock. We're totally listening/watching fan noise/votes, guys. #FansMatter about 5 hours ago via Seesmic for BlackBerry

    It looks as though Adam did get in for an award!! *YAY*
    thanks to all who helped nominate Adam - fingers crossed - voting begins July 11th! *YAY*
    x0x
    carter

    ReplyDelete

If you have a problem posting a comment, please email your comment to adamquotedaily@hotmail.com Subject line: Adam or tweet me @Adambertdaily