Friday 5 August 2011

Why Do You Love? 05/08/2011



Stunning picture of Adam Lambert in Ste. Agathe by @tuke18 and enhanced by @weelassie11





Was there anything that was off-limits in his new special? Only one thing!
“I think maybe my dating life,” Adam admitted. “I’ve tried to keep that somewhat sacred, as far as that privacy. It’s the one thing I have, you know? I think that’s not uncommon. A lot of people try to keep that private, but the good news is that I am in love, so that’s a good place to be. It’s a great time to be making music, I’ll tell you.”
Adam says fans can expect new music starting soon: “I don’t have a release date yet. Fans will be able to hear some new music in the fall. Something new is coming in the fall so stay tuned!




http://www.okmagazine.com/2011/08/adam-lambert-shares-good-news-%E2%80%94-i-am-in-love/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
======================


 (from Project Runway)

 "ca-razy"!!! Loving the new sneak peek of one of your songs. You better be watching tonight! It's a good one. ;) <3



=====================================Hope Someone Taped this one!
  The Canadian Snowbirds just flew to "if I Had You" at the Alberta International Airshow!!! It was amazing!!!♥"
=============


Beautiful Wallpaper thanks to @esselsari


Clarification!


Runxandersmith: Hi. don't know anything about Adam Lambert taking a NOH8 photo. I mentioned that there was a NOH8 shoot near his Montreal show.


==============
Gorgeous Version of Outlaws of Love


Excellent videos from Ste. Agathe here:  http://www.youtube.com/user/fiercealien#p/u

========================
Adam Lambert in Ste. Agathe by @Alikat1323 enhanced by @weelassie11


=================
Vote, Vote, Vote!!!




================

Thanks to @aleglan

Why Do You Love Adam Lambert?


A few of the many delightful answers... I could have chosen any of the but these jumped out at me!


Adam Lambert is unique in that he is "the total package" and has it all - looks, sensuality, talent, charisma, and the one thing I love most about him - that disarmingly open, honest and no - holds - barred personality of his!  

Adam is honest to a fault, lives his life and carries himself in a manner that is extraordinary and tells all his fans and people in general to live their lives honestly and open and not be ashamed of who they are, regardless of color, race, or orientation. I also adore Adam's magnanimity in that he has been so generous with the time he has devoted to his charities - Donorschoose, charity:water and The Trevor Project.  

Adam has only been in the music business for over 2 years and has made it his mission to give back; not many performers have done what Adam has and raised a lot of money for his causes.  And that smile of his could light up the world, which it does.  There are many other reasons why I love Adam, but they would not all fit here.  I will love this man for the rest of my days




elKat_bert
Collapse

Why do we love Adam ? 

Because he is the perfect man ! 

Handsome and Beautiful at the same time. Super talented and super humble. Super masculine and ultra feminine.  Super frisky and super nice. Vulnerable and confident. Rough and tender.

 All men should learn from him because he has just what all women want ... and the fact that we can't have him just adds to the obsession.

If only, if only .....



Buderschnookie
Collapse

Why am I still obsessed?

I wonder about this myself- what is it that has kept me locked into full force obsession here two years later?
I will admit that I obsess often, even to the point of calling myself a serial obsessionist, but they rarely last a full year, nevermind two.

First of course it was his voice. He was attractive enough but the voice was the first thing that caught me. He sang tenderly, and then with raucous disregard. He sang as an angel and he sang as a devil- there was no song he did not excel singing. 

Then as Idol got going it was his comportment- he was actually polite and thoughtful in his comments. He spoke in complete sentences, was articulate, kept his thoughts to himself when he should, and always managed to put a positive spin on things. As Idol continued and he began changing things up every week his versatility was the thing that blew me away. Any genre, any mood, any feeling he was able to cover and express and perform the hell out of.

 He began to show us an even more OTT Adam with Feeling Good- that sashay down the stairs did things to me. Then of course the studio recording that blew me even further away.
And his bravery!
He presented himself the way he wanted to be seen, not by rote as a prefab contestant doing what they needed to do to stay on a reality show. He was all about "Play big or go home"- Adam played big every time he took the stage.

He began moving more and the group dance gave us dancing Adam and I realized that even within a group his was the only form I wanted to see. The Crazy and Kiss and Tell videos were being watched almost nonstop because I could not get enough of him moving.
As Idol wound down it was again his class and grace under pressure that impressed me- that and the unbridled optimism that is always such a turn on.

He had gotten increasingly sexy but the finale with Beth was almost too much to bear- like looking into the sun watching him sing that song. The voice was unbelievably consistently amazing- never once was I disappointed or less than gobsmacked when he took the stage.
Who does that?

Then the Idol tour happened and the full force of his sex hit me full on and I was really obsessed with him. For months. In a completely carnal fashion. It was a consuming obsession and only got better with each show. I was unable to attend an Idol show in person and I deeply regret that but it was unavoidable. A good thing maybe, as I might have combusted! His slinky self, his humor, and Starlight every night to listen to? Gah, he was just the best thing I had ever seen or heard.

Then the album and the AMA's and the talk shows- again grace under pressure, class, articulate thoughtfulness and the ability to excel at everything. How could you not be impressed and smitten and overcome with admiration? He was adorkable, hot, clever, funny, sensitive, had a killer work ethic- everything anyone could want, really.

As the Glam Nation Tour progressed the voice improved, the sexy got hotter, and the class and saying words only got better. How can he have started so well back at the Idol auditions and then kept getting better at everything as time progressed? It was a marvel to watch.
Then I got him in person and hugged him and spoke with him and watched him from close up and life just doesn't get any better. He literally shot sparks of testosterone off that stage into my gut and I will forever be affected by that transfer. Then the Asian leg of the tour and a schedule that would have killed lesser men, and still he remains sweet yet ambitious, humble yet confident, and almost unhumanly sexually attractive. His voice, which should have been showing signs of being tired, only gets better with every performance and he teases us with new songs and again ratchets everything up another notch.
Who does that?

He is simply the greatest entertainer I have ever witnessed. From talent, training, stagecraft, attractiveness, versatility, personality, his ability to express himself, and live in the moment?
Really- what can he not do??
And yet he remains human, making mistakes just often enough to remind us of that fact. He is fallible and flawed and yet manages to take every misstep and turn it into personal growth, again serving as an example to all of us.

I believe that for me Adam represents the entire male spectrum. He is father, son, brother, and lover. As father he teaches us how to live in a hostile world and come out the winner- I have been forever improved for having seen how he handles himself.
As son I am consumed by maternal feelings of protectiveness and hopes for his personal life to be everything he wants- I want to make him soup and tuck him in and see that the world is kind to him.
As brother he is our best friend, shopping partner, and someone for all those late night talks and bearing of souls. You just know that he would hear you and understand and offer thoughtful and kind yet helpful advice.
And as lover- well, I don't need to tell anyone about that. The male-ness that radiates off of him as he performs is becoming legendary, and I don't care if you are man, woman, animal or alien. If you have testosterone receptors anywhere in your body you will experience a visceral reaction to watching him perform.

And then- as if anyone could top this- he possesses just enough feminine qualities to make his the entire human spectrum.

And get this- he has only just  begun- he is only working his second album and it is my opinion that the sky is the limit as far as his career and impact on entertainment. Yes, I believe he will be iconic but you can only say these types of things up to a point before people start calling you an overinvested wack job.
But when it is true how are we to look forward without being so overwhelmed?
I think he can literally do anything or be anything he puts his mind to. The talent is definitely there. The work ethic, the ambition, and the support system are there. Whatever musical path he chooses I really feel as if the world is waiting for him and the USA is on the brink of being ready. One great album will tip the USA scales and radio will be falling at his feet.

And this is in entertainment- I haven't even addressed the impact he will have culturally simply by existing and living his life, and this aspect of him is huge. The time is right for someone like him in our society- who knew Randy would turn out to be so accurately prescient? That the charisma exists on the level it does in addition to all this means that his effect can be game changing and people's opinions will be forever altered just by virtue of his even existing.

Adam is a special person.
That is all.

And if everything I write has sounded like overblown, bat shit crazy fan hyperbole it still hasn't managed to convey even half of the magnitude of his talent and his effect on music and humanity.
Really.
Adam's yummy goodness is only going to get better with each passing day in every way.
Can we really handle that?
Isn't it fun to be in the front of the line for trying?

I am thrilled to know that all I have to do is hang on for the ride and enjoy him because that is an eminently enjoyable thing to do and I can't think of a better or more satisfying way to live my life than in thrall to him. That I am able to wallow in the wake of his awesome-ness and listen to his voice and enjoy his body and observe his passage through life is enough and just this side of all I can handle. He really is like looking at the sun and angels ice skating (tm Jacob)- too, too wonderful.
I just feel blessed to be a part of this experience and his fandom.

And now I feel positively compelled to revisit Joseph Campbell's thoughts on archetypical heroes, because I am betting that Adam has all of the attributes necessary to become one. Supernaturally gifted, obstacles, redemption, and freedom are all ideas which are illustrated in his journey and his life.
Wow.

Wow.
-------------------------------

My Story:
===============================
Great Photoshop of Adam Lambert and Sauli Koskinen as mates thanks to @Catzmadam!








-------------------------
Be sure to check out yesterday's Post (must read fan song to OOL and watch BTM sneak peak #2)


http://adamquotedaily.blogspot.com/2011/08/total-smash.html




==========================
Congratulations to OUR Girl!!!


TOP 4 on SYTYCD... need every single US Glambert to vote for her next Wednesday!!

Thanks to @dibaby and enhanced by @weelassie11


Nigel said something very insightful:  Sasha dances from her soul (just like Adam sings from his soul!)

===================

Adam Lambert's BEHIND thanks to @catnipandhoney
SNEAK PEEK: Taken From “Behind The Music: Adam Lambert” (Michelle Collins)


http://www.bestweekever.tv/2011-08-04/sneak-peek-taken-from-behind-the-music-adam-lambert/
=======================


View of the Stage at Ste. Agathe Thanks to @glam_alidol


Adam Sightings in NYC


http://cartermatt.com/2877/adam-lambert-sightings-in-new-york-duplex-and-the-met/


======================


===================================





=================
Monte Pittman and Tommy Joe Ratliff perform in Ste. Agathe thanks to @Alikat1323

Monte Pittman Rocks


=========================


MTV adds social activism category to VMAs

Although Adam is not nominated this year, just wait for next year!

========================

Tommy Joe Ratliff Corner




If you are interested in being a part of Tommy's 30th Bday gift, please check this link 


=====================
Story of Adam Inspiration 


Hello! My name is Carla (@CarlaCostescu on Twitter) and I was literally inspired by Adam, so I wrote a few lines. I would have to say that I am not a native speaker of English, so my story could have a lot of mistakes, but I tried my best.
Thank you for your hard work and for a great blog!

First of all, I am not lesbian, bisexual or transgender and I don’t know in person people who are. So I cannot understand or feel entirely how these people feel, but I have a tiny clue as an outsider, as an observer and as a person who sometimes feels different which I’ll share with you here.
It is generally valid that the society punishes wrong things, such as crime, theft, breaking traffic rules, etc, because these put yourself and others around you in danger, whether it is a physical or mental one.
But I do not think it should be NORMAL (I’m not using adjectives like good or appropiate) for society to punish or even to forbid someone to LOVE. I do not think it should be normal that a man/women in a high (public) position (where they were putted by citizen through vote) forbid those citizens to love, to manifest their love in public or to marry. I do not think that it should be normal for someone to treat differently and look with disrespect or disgust at another person who loves someone with the same sexuality. It is everyone’s choice and right to live their life however they want, so why do people preoccupy so much about others and forgot about them?
I do not think that judging a person without knowing him/her is a healthy way of thinking or living and I do not think this kind of behavior or way of thinking should be encouraged and it should not exist nowadays.
I think that we, as a self-entitled modern and intelligent society, should not care so much about what people are doing in their bedrooms (as Adam perfectly said: “There’s so much more about a person than who is he/she sleeping with”), as we should care and concern about our lives and the wrong way this world follows, both environmental and cultural, financial and political and other areas, because of the superficiality and the closed-minds.
Maybe there are so many things I do not understand because of my age or because I’m just silly, but I hope there are more people thinking like me, at least in part.
So why is this inspired by Adam Lambert? Because he opened my eyes and my mind about this subject, by being so honest and so genuine about his feelings and his fears. And his latest song, the “surreal-ly” beautiful Outlaws Of Love, was a true wake up call. After hearing those sincere and from-the-bottom-of-his-heart lyrics I just cannot understand how anyone can judge a person just because of their sexual orientation.
“We could go so far with our minds wide open” – Adam Lambert.
(Carla is from a small town in Europe and is 18 years old!
Thanks for your insight and great story!  XO  Gloria)


==============================
It's Easy to Subscribe to My Blog and get all the benefits!


=============================
Resource and Information Pages

Recently Updated: Adamquotedaily for Dummies!


(Helpful if you are not good at the computer yet!)


------------------------------

Rakastan said: OMG -love it-my favorite website…and all about my favorite…thank you!

Interesting Articles and Pictures (Updates are now being added at the bottom of this page)

(DM or email me for the password)

--------------------------------------

Adam's Pre-Idol Music


------------------------------------------
Flaminga Lady said: Thank you, Gloria, for this wonderful primer on amazing Adam! I love introducing new people to his work, and this is a wonderful way to do that! The “Brigadoon” recording just knocks me out every time I listen to it…WOW, can that man sing!!


Adam Lambert 101: An introduction


-------------------------------------
Alice said: Gloria, thanks for creating this Sauli site. Adam’s heart eyes with Sauli tell the whole story. I love them together. They seem so right for each other, far beyond the fascinating fashion coincidences. Adam said this time he’s looking for someone who could take care of him this time, with so much going on in his life. Enter Sauli. Delightfully calm and unphased by all the madness that surrounds Adam, he seems to offer Adam peace, trust, support, and a refreshing love that comes from a good, unneedy place. Aside from an obvious attraction, they are good together because both are artists with strong support from family and friends, wry sense of humor, gift of gab, sunshiny personality, love of dance, compassion, kindness, humility, et al. Sauli and Adam are kindred spirits. Thank you Universe for bringing them together. I hope they always want each other as much as they do now. Adam, we know why your heart is full and we are overjoyed by your bliss.

Sauli Koskinen...Everything you want to know! (new updates regularly)

------------------------------------------
Gin Said: I HAVE TO SAY …. OMG !!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST BIO DESCRIPTION OF TOMMY JOE RATLIFF I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!! I’VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR QUITE SOME TIME ON TOMMY’S BACKGROUND AND STUFF CAUSE THERE AREN’T MUCH INFORMATION ON HIM CURRENTLY !!!! AND WHEN I READ THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, I AM LIKE …. WOW !!!! THIS IS THE ONE !!!! THE ONE !!! YOU KNOW !!!! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING !!!!

Tommy Joe Ratliff … Just the Facts!


------------------------------------
“Uncle Soy Sauce” – Monte Pittman Rocks! All about Monte!



Diamonds of the Rock God Part 1 and Part 2- Quotations from and About Adam Lambert

“I honestly believe he may be one of the greatest stars in our lifetimes, and I am jazzed thinking of how I will tell my grandchildren how it felt to see Adam for the first time on American Idol, when I was young.”


And Part 2 is here:


===========================

Comments: You can post under "Anonymous" and then sign your name (for those of you having trouble) Let me know if that works and thanks!

Please note that your comments won't show up right away!

Check back for updates a bit later!

Please contact me @adamquotedaily or adamquotedaily@hotmail.com

================================

Leave a comment... click on the word Comment below if the box is missing!



(Please click on the word 'tweet' to share with your friends)



=============================================
Adamquotedaily is a non-profit fansite. All images and articles belong to their respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.

Some of my favorites because there is no point in having empty space when we can have Adam!

















Robert Sebree photoshoot: http://bit.ly/q1cFUN


5 comments:

  1. Gloria,I woke up to see my comment on why I love Adam so much included here today!! - thanks so much!! I would have written so much more, but I never would have stopped!! Great pictures of Adam - he gets sexier by the day and you have the best shots!! Tomorrow are the Equality Awards and Adam is being honored; can't wait to see what Adam will wear and look like, and I'm sure you will have the first and best pictures of him.

    XO,

    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello. thank you for the new pictures, new and better ones appear every day.
    I would want to comment on why I love Adam but I truly don't know if I'd ever be happy with what I had written, because I'd always feel I can't express my love enough.
    However, I'd like to share my video with you, it's my way of expressing my feelings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vfCl3Q-DEY

    I'm looking forward to the next posts
    Love, Geo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS SITE!! The best!
    When I clicked on the link to find out how to donate to Tommy's 30th bday gift, I got the "FATAL ERROR" message. Is there another path to get info about how to donate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,Today's blog is truly exeptionally sensational. That last long entry in the 'Why do you love Adam?' section is absolutely wonderful,beautiful and true. I would have never been able to express why I love Adam more beautifully put together than that. Also, The Adam Inspiration Story,I agree with every word that was written there.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for your hard work and this BEAUTIFUL blog. I look forward to it every day. Much Love. xoxo @GlitterryFire

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the black and white photo of monte and tommy

    ReplyDelete

If you have a problem posting a comment, please email your comment to adamquotedaily@hotmail.com Subject line: Adam or tweet me @Adambertdaily